Thursday, October 30, 2008

Social Networking

Ok, I give. I'm in. I signed up for LinkedIn and started my network. I resisted for years. The whole MySpace thing. Then Facebook. But they both seemed too immature and it just seemed like the target audiences were a log younger than I am.

I'm pretty selective about who I add. That may sound a little arrogant or elitist but I don't want to have 200 contacts of which 180 I don't know that well (or at all). I'm not in it as a popularity contest. I'm in it to keep in contact with close friends and the colleagues that I've enjoyed working with.

So, anyways, if you care you can look me up there.

Also, I've changed the blog format. After 2 years of the old one it got old. So on with the new!!

2 comments:

Ed Jensen said...

The old blog format was fugly. ;-)

The new format is very pleasing to the eye. Good job!

I'm still resisting the whole social networking web site thing (for now). I've got all my contacts in my Gmail contacts list. Why would I need anything else?

Convince me. :-)

Unknown said...

I get Linkedln connections constantly. I joined a while ago but never have seen any benefit from it other than getting a connect or two from people who I was happy to hear from since I hadn't in years. I think it is supposed to help work and job connections but so far, nothing.